Monday, April 13, 2009

Dads Do Oprah, Oprah Likes Dogs

Never let it be said Oprah didn't give equal billing to dads. After last week's episode featuring real moms, she takes a decidedly more serious approach this week with dads.  And it made me feel like a real loser. I have two kids and a helpful (don't tell him I said that) spouse. One father on today has NINE kids, a full-time job, no help and his wife passed away.  Sheesh.  I'd like to make fun of someone on the show but unfortunately I can't.  Well, except Oprah. Curly, lady, I said curly!  

Oh, and if you missed the show where she previewed the "spring photo shoot" of her dog (does she do a shoot every season one wonders?) you can see the photos here. I'd like to be reincarnated as one of Oprah's dogs.  Perhaps it's a good thing this gal doesn't have kids. Can you imagine?  

Big news: Tomorrow's Opes features country singers.  I love country! Conspicuously absent from the lineup is Chuck Wicks... But I do love Kenny Chesney (not in that way) and I'm hoping Opes gets to the bottom of the Renee Zellwegger debacle.  In a recent issue of US Weekly Kenny said: "I've never had a woman say she wouldn't have sex with me because I'm bald."  Is it possible she just didn't have sex but didn't give him a reason and it was really because he was bald?  Or better yet, has a woman just said: "I'm having sex with you even though you're bald because you are worth gazillions of dollars?" Regardless, I do love Kenny and I don't think he'd mind me poking fun at him a little...


3 comments:

  1. Wow. I have to stop occasionally and remind myself that not everyone wants to hear every detail of the delicious cuteness that is my kids (thank you, internet, for giving me a place to talk about them where I can't see people's eyes actually glazing over). But Oprah's dog photo shoot? Unless that dog can talk and possibly do open heart surgery, one picture is about enough--without the baby blankets and tulle. I would hate to be the photographer responsible for making Oprah happy with her puppy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, those dogs are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete