I. Don't. Get. It. (Ashton Kutcher or Twitter). Give me Bruce Willis any day of the week over this clown. Can he not get any attention due to his chosen profession (acting, presumably) that he has to "challenge" CNN to a duel to get more Twitter followers? Doy. (I used to say that in eighth grade a lot. Someone would say something stupid and my collective group of girlfriends would scream "Doy!" in unison. Charming.)
So, Ashton was Skyped into Opes today for Fridays Live to discuss the power of the Internet and social networking. First the good news: Mark Consuelos was on vacation. Now the bad news: Nate Berkus was filling in. Am I the only person in America who thinks Nate is horribly overrated? (Yes, I know he survived a tsunami. How long can you really milk that?)
- They showed a picture of Ali before makeup (to her credit she went along with it.) Holy mother of God, it was like the worst horror show you've ever seen. Opes should have warned the viewing audience. I'm still quivering under my desk and may not eat for days. She's only 44 for crying out loud. What has this woman been through in her life to cause such trauma???
- Opes' hair today: Bad, bad, bad. At some point I'll have to get over it. That point hasn't come yet.
- What is Oprah's fascination with sex lately? They had on a 10-year-old who just had her first sex talk. The kid was adorable. And she said she gets bullied at school which brought tears to my eyes. Have I mentioned I need mood-stabilizing medication?
- Ali still isn't funny. She still thinks she is.
- Opes did her first "Tweet." Big whoop.
All in all, a big snooze. The producers in charge of Fridays Live need to kick it up a notch (or several). It makes The View look like riveting television. Speaking of which, I actually like Elisabeth Hasselback better than Ali if that's possible.