Monday, March 30, 2009

Costco for Hillbillies

Is it socially acceptable to take your kids out in their pajamas in the middle of the day?  I think Britney Spears used to do that a lot. So I'm thinking no.  My sister will be horrified when she sees this post.  Her kids are dressed the minute their feet hit the floor each morning.  I came very close to just wearing my pajamas there myself. Please note the snow in the picture. This was yesterday. It's the end of March.  Maybe Chicago really is the third most miserable city as Forbes kindly noted.

So I'm off to watch the Oprah about polygamists which I Tivo'd and will brief you on. Right now I'm thinking a sister wife sounds good.  She can do the Costco shopping. In my house, first wives won't have to do that sort of thing. In fact, the first wife (me) will not do much of anything at all.  Except watch Oprah.  That will be my duty in my new polygamist household. Watching Oprah and then briefing the sister wives so we can all live our best lives.  Oh, and watching Dancing with the Stars so I can tell my sister wives how hot Chuck Wicks is. They won't have time to watch it themselves.  They'll be too busy cooking me dinner.

9 comments:

  1. My husband teases me about my love of "Big Love" and says I really do want to be a polygamist. I like your plans; maybe I really do. I can shop online all day and play with the kids (whenever they're not too cranky and/or poopy) and she can call the repairman and make the dentist appointment and pack lunches and all the other things that I'm too important (lazy) to do myself. Everybody wins!

    And no, I think it's perfectly acceptable to take them out in their jammies (but I did just comment on my extreme laziness so maybe I'm not to be trusted). Besides, they're frickin adorable, and that has to count for something in the appropriate-ness department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, polygamy doesn't sound so bad at all. I just need to find a neat-freak who loves kids to marry my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if I had a sister-wife I think she would have to be a little less attractive than I and agree not to have any children. That way she could focus all her time on my precious angels.
    I'm seriously all for it, if I could pick the newbies myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so all over being the head wife! A few junior wives around here would be lovely. They can do laundry, watch my 4 kids, do all the driving and clean up after I cook. I like to cook. They can even put out if the mood doesn't strike me as well! Looks all good to me! But, I agree with Rita, I want to pick them out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow, I don't think sister wives will be such a good idea. Imagine 6 women pmsing at the same time... Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lu and mox look adorable in their pjs at costco...good think about kids clothes...they all kinda look like pjs anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable girls, and so what if they are out in their pj's! When I did that a few times with my boy(s) my mom didn't like it very much, but oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'd like to be somebody's third wife. I just want the sex. I'll do laundry for it! I know, I'm sick that way.

    ReplyDelete