Thursday, January 29, 2009

IL State Senate Impeaches G-Rod, Needs English 101 Primer

I have a vaguely sick gnawing feeling now that G-Rod is from hereto simply Rod.  Or maybe I'm just hungry. Regardless, today's Illinois State Senate hearing leaves me with more questions than answers, mainly pertaining to the sign:
  • Technically, shouldn't this be two separate sentences? A semi-colon at the very least. I mean, I hate to be one of those annoying grammar nazis, but if you're going to bother to make a sign and all...
  • Did the good taxpayers of Illinois pay for the making of this sign?  This looks kind of professional.  Couldn't the lead Senate person just have handwritten it in nice marker or something?
  • What did they do with this sign when the meeting adjourned?  Throw it in the dumpster out back? List it on eBay? Offer it to Rod as a parting gift?
  • Do small children serve in the Illinois State Senate?  If not, couldn't they have spelled out the offending words just so we're all clear?
So are we now governor-less?  How does one apply?   I am looking for a job and don't tend to swear much. I could also double as an English tutor for the State Senate making it a good bargain for taxpayers...


No comments:

Post a Comment